Text: I Kings 2:10-12; 3:3-15
Throughout my ministry, as I have listened to and talked with people about their life and faith, several questions have remained consistent in our conversations. If I were to create a Top Ten list of those questions, it would go something like this.
10. Is there a heaven and hell? (I’ve preached on that one.)
9. How does one make sense of all those Old Testament stories where innocent people are killed in God’s name?
8. Is the resurrection real?
7. Is God all-powerful and all-knowing?
6. Why do bad things happen to good people?
5. Why is there so much suffering in the world if God is a compassionate God?
4. Does God answer our prayers?
3. What if I don’t believe everything the Bible says?
2. Can God love someone like me?
1. How do I really know what God wants me to do with my life?