The Good Samaritan story is a wonderful example of God’s call to help each other, but who exactly is our neighbor? Vacation Bible School 2016 will help children explore the theme of Helping our Neighbors. Each night, our activities will focus on a service project with and for one of our “neighbors” – both near and far.
This year, we would like parents to participate with their children for at least one night of Vacation Bible School. Teaching children the value of helping others is an important part of parenting. Come try out some different kinds of service projects with your child to see what they like, what you like, and what we all can do to reach out and help each other.
Here are some details you need to know:
- VBS is held in the evenings, Monday, June 20 through Thursday, June 23.
- Dinner will be provided each night, beginning at 5:00 pm. You are welcome to join your child for dinner or to drop them off. During this opening time we will review the evening’s lesson and schedule, and volunteers will lead us in singing as we transition into the main program.
- The actual program begins at 5:45. Your child will be ready for pickup at 7:30. Please be on time, as our schedule is tight.
- VBS is open to children four years of age through rising sixth grade.
- Schedule of projects:
- Monday, Gardening with the Wedge Community Garden
- Tuesday, Connecting with Our Friends in Cuba
- Wednesday, Reaching Out to Neighbors without Homes
- Thursday, Learning and Laughing with Senior Adults (Grandparents welcome!)
- We are again able to offer VBS at no charge. However, donations are always appreciated.
- You will need to make reservations to secure a spot by June 13. Registration forms will be available online on our website and in paper form outside of Libby’s office. Please return them electronically using the email, firstname.lastname@example.org or put them in Libby’s box. You may also mail them to the church, but please put “VBS” on the envelope.