Archives for September 2014
Pullen people who have attended this worship and fellowship event will tell you that it is one of the best things we do all year. This event will be held at 11:15 AM, right next door to the church on the front lawn of 1903 Hillsborough St., the former residence of the NC State chancellor. Here’s what you need to know:
- Bring a prepared, ready-to-eat dish that serves 6-8, stored in a cooler if refrigeration is needed. Label container and lid! No serving utensils needed.
- Enter the worship and picnic area via the driveway next to the church on Hillsborough Street.
- If you’re able, park where you normally do and carry your dish to the serving tables.
- If you need to get closer, drive into the former chancellor’s driveway and drop-off people or dishes.
- There will be a golf cart to transport those needing assistance from our parking areas.
- Dress casually. Consider bringing sunscreen and insect repellant.
- Bring lawn chairs or blankets to sit on, and whatever else you typically need to be comfortable outdoors!
We will celebrate worship and have our picnic in this beautiful space. The driveway of 1903 will be open until 11AM for vehicles dropping off individuals with mobility issues and food. In the event of rain, worship will be in the sanctuary at and the picnic will be staged in Finlator Hall. Bring your family and friends for this great event!