We invite your child to join us for Vacation Bible School. Our theme this year is “Taking Root: Hunger Causes, Hunger Hopes.” We will explore the fundamental connection between faith and the injustice of hunger and poverty. The goal is to help the children to understand the causes of hunger and to imagine a world without it, as well as to foster a commitment to solutions for hunger. Each evening we will relate these issues to Bible stories and fun activities to help the kids find relevance in their own lives and the lives of children around the world. Some examples of what we will learn include:
Here are some details you need to know:
- VBS is held in the evenings, Monday, June 23 through Thursday, June 26.
- Dinner will be provided each night, beginning at 5:00 pm. You are welcome to join your child for dinner or to drop them off. During this opening time we will review the evening’s lesson and schedule, and volunteers will lead us in singing as we transition into the main program.
- The actual program begins at 5:45. Your child will be ready for pickup at 7:45. Please be on time, as our schedule is tight.
- VBS is open to children three years of age through rising sixth grade. Children will be grouped by age and supervised by adult volunteers at all times.
- We are again able to offer VBS at no charge, however if you would like to make a donation it is always appreciated.
- You will need to make reservations to secure a spot by June 4. Registration forms are available online and in paper form outside of Libby’s office. Please return them electronically using the email, email@example.com or put them in Libby’s box. You may also mail them to the church, but please put “VBS” on the envelope.
The goal of Pullen’s VBS is to build community among our children and to learn more about our relationships with each other and with God. We feel certain that it will be a meaningful time for all.