The Coordinating Council warmly invites everyone to attend the Congregational Meeting scheduled for Sunday, November 24 at 2:00 PM in Finlator Hall. All are welcome to attend; all Pullen members are allowed and welcome to vote. Childcare will be provided. The following items are being brought forward for congregational consideration.
- Motion #1: After careful examination by an Ordination Council composed of Pullen and Alliance of Baptists members, the Deacons of Pullen Memorial Baptist Church moves that Pullen ordain David Anderson to the ministry. David’s ordination will also be recognized and endorsed by The Alliance of Baptists.
- Motion #2: The Technology Committee moves the amendment of the Pullen Memorial Baptist Church’s Bylaws as follows:
- Amend the duties of the Church Administrator on lines 304 and 305 to state “Works cooperatively with Coordinating Council, Buildings and Grounds Committee, Finance Committee, TECHNOLOGY COMMITTEE and all staff.”
- Amend the list of representatives to the Coordinating Council beginning at line 469 under “Article III/General Provisions/Composition” to include “Technology Committee.”
- Amend the list of Standing Committees and Coordinators beginning at line 513 under “Article III/General Provisions/Composition” to include “Technology” with “6” members.
- Amend the list of committees assigned to the Church Administrator at lines 558-559 under “Article III/General Provisions/Ex-Officio Memberships” to include “Technology Committee.”
- Amend the list of committees with a two-year tenure at lines 596-598 under “Article III/General Provisions/Tenure” to include “Technology.”
- Amend the list of standing committees and coordinators beginning at line 753 by inserting the following before line 875: “Technology shall care for, maintain, and plan for the technology needs of the church.”
- Motion #3: The Nominating Committee moves the adoption of the 2014 slate of council/committee members and officers. (NOTE: Copies of the full slate of members and officers on whom to be voted will be distributed at the meeting.)
- Discussion: The Deacon Council will present a report on the status of the five-year Vision Plan of the church.
Other items may be brought forward for discussion only.
We look forward to seeing everybody on Sunday, November 24 at 2:00 PM.
Chris Kelly & Tom Winton
Co-Chairs of Coordinating Council